Name of the Project
development OF A multimodal logistic CENTRe ON THE BASIS OF
TUNOSHNA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
In February 2007 in the context of implementation of the Federal principal program “Modernization of the Russian transport system in 2002-2010”, the Minister of transport of the Russian Federation Mr. Igor Levitin and the Governor of the Yaroslavl Region Mr. Anatoly Lisitsyn signed a Protocol of Intention which implies construction of a large multimodal logistic center in Yaroslavl on the basis of Tunoshna airport. This project is included into the cargo transportation system of the Central Federal Regions.
Brief description of the physical site:
Tunoshna airport is situated 17km to the south-east of Yaroslavl, 40km from Kostroma and 100km from Ivanovo. Close by are Yaroslavl River Port and the Moscow-Kostroma-Kirov-Ekaterinburg Motorway. It has the potential to carry out multimodal transportation that will serve the demands of the neighbouring regions.
The airport can service up to 15 aircrafts a day – all in accordance with ICAO requirements. It has modern ground and navigation equipment, a 300m runway, a taxiway network, passenger and loading ramps and a terminal building with a handling capacity of 200 passengers per hour. There is a Passport Control Point, a Customs Station and a Customs & Operation Centre with temporary storage warehouses. The freight terminal’s processing capacity is 150 tonnes of international cargo a day.
The airport is “В” class according to the Norms of Operational Suitability of Airport Use (NGEA).
The runway is suitable for the take-off and landing of aircraft such as Tu-154, Tu-134, Yak-42, An-124 “Ruslan”, An-12, An-74, An-72, An-26, An-24, Il-114, Il-76, L-410 and their international counterparts – also helicopters of all types.
Yaroslavl Regional Administration holds 100% shares in Tunoshna airport.
Brief description of the project:
Development of a multimodal logistics centre on the basis of Tunoshna airport requires:
- broadening of the airport loading ramp and provision of additional equipment to support 36 flights a day;
- building of a freight terminal and automated storage units which would allow 600 tonnes of international cargo a day to be processed
- establishment of a multimodal logistic centre to introduce an international “door to door” system of freight processing and distribution;
- establishment of a service centre to provide aircraft engines maintenance in cooperation with OJSC «Saturn» Science and Production Association;
- renovation and extension of the fuel-supply centre;
- construction of a second runway;
- extension of the terminal building;
- construction of an hotel for air crew & transit passengers - also a car park and a shopping centre.
Estimated cost of the investment project:
39 million euro
Volume of investments required:
56% of the project cost – 21.8 million euro.
Completion of a long-term concession agreement is possible.
Time period for realization of the project:
First stage - 2 years (2007-2008), second stage - 4 years (2009-2012)
Payback period of the project:
Initiator of the investment project:
The Yaroslavl Regional Administration
Address: Russian Federation 150000 Yaroslavl, Sovetskaya Square, 3
Deputy Governor of the Region: Vyacheslav Blatov
Tel. + 7 (4852) 30-31-33, Fax +7 (4852) 32-84-14, E-mail: email@example.com