Веб-часть перенаправления



The Nekouz district population as of 01/01/2006 was 18,600.

The district area is 1,954.4 sq. km.

The administrative centre is the village of Novy Nekouz.

The distance from the district center to Yaroslavl is 162 km.




Its history is rooted in deep antiquity. Formerly this land was called Mologskaya country and belonged to the princes from the lineage of Rurick. It was first mentioned in the chronicles of 1149.

The Nekouz territory is rich in substantial historical and natural heritage. It is covered by glory. First and foremost, by the glory and valor of Russian warriors who steadfastly fought against the Mongol-Tatar hordes on the banks of the river Syt in 1238. It was not for nothing that the Sytskaya battle has entered forever the history not only of the Nekouz district, but of all Russia.

In the beginning of the XVIII century the grounds of the contemporary Nekouz district and some territory of the Breitovo district belonged to the Prince Mikhail Mikhailovitch Golitsin (1675-1730), field marshal general, talented Russian commander of the era of Peter the Great, participant of the Northern war (1700-1721).

After the death of field marshal general these lands were inherited by his son, chief marshal prince Nikolai Mikhailovitch Golitsin (1726-1787), and then passed on to his daughter princess Anna Nikolaevna Golitsina (born in 1767). She married count Apolos Apolosovitch Musin-Pushkin, Russian scientist and politician, member of the Royal London Society and honorary member of all European academies of sciences.

In the first half of the XIX century these lands were bought by lieutenant E.A.Alekseev who built a mansion on the grounds of the burnt out village of Borok.

Young 28-year old nobleman Aleksei Petrovitch Shchepotchkin became the new proprietor of the mansion in 1830. Afterwards it was inherited by his son.

The last owner of the mansion, Nikolai Aleksandrovitch Morozov, has become a revolutionary early in his life.

After 1917 the Borok mansion was turned into N.A.Morozov's personal property of by a personal instruction of V.I.Lenin. In the 1930ies N.A.Morozov established Verhne-Volzhskiy biological research center in the mansion under the tutelage of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR. After the scientist's death by the decree of the Council of Ministers of the USSR from the 31st of July 1946 the Academy of Sciences was obliged to "organize a museum on the grounds of the Biological Research Center Borok named after N.A.Morozov, in the house where he lived and died". In the beginning of the 1950ies Soviet Arctic researcher I.D.Papanin has created the Institute of Biology of the Internal Waters on the basis of the research center. He invested a lot of his strength into the renewal, construction and development of Borok. Young birch trees, planted by Papanin on the land that in the old days belonged to the Free Ploughmen, still whisper.


Socio-economic background


The automobile roads stretches over nearly 400 kilometers, the hard-coated road stretch is nearly 360 kilometers.

All settlements are electrified. Some settlements in the district are now being attached to natural gas supply.

The oil pipeline from the Eastern regions of the country to the North-West, to Kirishi and to the sea terminal of Primorsk, passes through the district.

5,712 men and women (55% of the able-bodied population) are employed in the economy of the region as of 01/01/2006.

There are 2 state reserves on the territory of the Nekouz municipal district:

"Alferovsky reserve", covering more than 10,5 thousand hectares, and "Parfenievsky", covering 10.1 thousand hectares.

There are 2 forestries. Nekouz Forestry of the State Department of Natural Resources and Environment occupies 34,866 hectares of forest grounds. The Nekouz Rural forestry of the State Department has 48, 176 hectares of grounds. There are both coniferous and mixed forests.




As of 01/01/2006, there were 22 collective enterprises of different forms of property and 45 peasant (farmers') estates registered in the Nekouz municipal district. The gross volume of production of the agricultural enterprises totaled 78,4 millions of roubles.

The main sector of stock-raising is dairy cattle breeding, main sectors of plant growing are grain, potato and stern growing.


Investment potential


Peat deposit exploitation and its application in the industry . Tourism development and construction of resort bases.




The Nekouz district attracts tourists by its unique historical past, numerous churches, still keeping their ancient beauty, old parks.

The Nekouz district is rich in popular traditions, trades and crafts, existing in our land since old days and now being revived. The Celebration of Carpenter's art, started by a simple Sitsky ax, now attracts participants from all the Oblast.

This country was called "Little Switzerland" when it housed numerous noblemen's mansions. Its natural beauty is still intact.

The past vanishes, but rich historical and architectural monuments of the Nekouz district subsist.

There are 12 burial mounds and 67 historical monuments on the territory of Nekouz district.

Among plentiful architectural monuments of much attraction is the  ensemble of the Shestokovsky Nunnery in Sheldomezh village and the operating Intercession Monastery in Bykovo village, as well as churches, chapels, noblemen manor complexes, merchants' villas, rich peasants' houses.

There are interesting landscape parks in the villages of Volga, Voskresenskoye and Novoye, Usovo, nearby are the former nobility manors of Andreevskoye, Borok, Gorshkovo, Neskuchnoe, Molkovo.

The manors of N.A.Morozov in Borok village and of writer A.V.Sukhovo-Kobylin in Novoye village have been recognized as the monuments of federal value by the decree of the President of Russian Federation #175 from 27.02.1995.

Borok village with its old manor park and the complex of departmental museums of the Institute of Biology of Internal Waters of the Russian Academy of Sciences is one of the most attractive places of the Nekouz municipal district. The memorial house museum of the former proprietor of the manor, the versatile author of scientific books and articles Nikolai Aleksandrovitch Morozov operates in Borok.

In a few meters from N.A.Morozov's wing there is the Museum of I.D.Papanin (1894-1986), founder and first director of the Institute of Biology of Internal Waters, is opened in Borok in 1962.

There are 3 other interesting museums in Borok: the Natural Museum, the Aquarium and the Museum of the artist F.G.Solntsev.

The Museum of F.G.Solntsev tells about his life and activities, his formation as a great Russian artist of the XIX century, creator of the unique series of paintings "Russian Antiquity".

Tourists visit with pleasure the Museum of Jugs, started a few years ago by the local lore historian and history teacher E.V.Chernukhina. It contains jugs and pitchers of different forms and purposes. Each container in the museum has its history, including its birthplace, its age, its proprietors and its purpose.

In the manor of writer S.V.Sukhovo-Kobylin, author of the famous "Kretchinsky's Marriage", situated in the Novoye village, each autumn is organized a literary festival in his honor, welcoming many participants. The researchers of the playwright's art from Moscow, Saint-Petersburg, Yaroslavl, Saratov take part in readings and conferences. The festivities are culminated by a theatrical presentation right here, in the park. There are also performances by amateur poets and artists.



Administration of the Nekouz municipal district


152730, Yaroslavl Region, village of  Novy Nekouz, Kooperativnaya St., 12

phone +7 (48547) 2-16-65,

fax +7 (48547) 2-15-52

The Head of administration of municipal district

Nickolai Anatolyevich Savitskov